Monday, September 26, 2011

Give your all to God

 As I boarded the Flight to Los Angeles This past Friday, I said my prayers as I usually tend to do and was on my way. I had a carry on bag full of TY&GB Clothing as I was ready to Hit the road running. We have a Family business that had a booth at the LA County Fair this past year so I decided to take my brand new shirts out there to spread the message. My first customers as I arrived were my Mother and Aunt. (I Love her, She has supported me in all my endeavors) I got a lot of great responses from people just noticing that I had the "God Bless" Shirt on and It made everyone that Said something about it seem to smile and greet me with Joy.

On Sunday they had a Youth dance and praise Ministry perform and completely helped minister to me. They were wonderful.  A group from the Mountain View Faith Community Church (www.MFCC.tv) The spirit of containment tried setting in with doubts of whether to approach this crowd about my shirts. I remembered a Sermon that my Pastor preached during Last Weeks Bible Study on how the Devil tries to use this spirit on us to keep us from stepping out on what God has told us to do. So I waited a little longer (I Know, God wants us to MOVE NOW) but prayed for the Spirit to move me from being shy about Letting others know about God. So I kept hearing my Pastors Voice about (If only Christians would be BOLD enough to speak on Christ as they do everything else....) So I decided to approach a Member. His name was Jay I believe. We spoke for a little bit and I told him exactly what was put in my heart and about the T-Shirt Line. The brother was Kind and Loving, Bought a Shirt from me and asked to pray with me right there at the booth. I've been praying in church for awhile now and no longer did I feel "weird" about prayer in the midst of "everyone else" as I used to feel when I was growing up as a teenager.

I ended up meeting with their Youth Pastor and he also gave me some Great words of encouragement and some pointers on how to keep the journey going. He spoke pretty much what my Pastor has been saying to me for the past year and a half on always Praying. It was refreshing to see other young Christian Men out and about fired up for Christ that it completely made my whole trip. I will continue Walking out on Faith and spreading God's message because he knows what's in my Heart.

SCRIPTURES I MEDITATED ON TODAY:

Mark 8:34-38

Amplified Bible (AMP)

34And Jesus called [to Him] the throng with His disciples and said to them, If anyone intends to come after Me, let him deny himself [forget, ignore, disown, and [a]lose sight of himself and his own interests] and take up his cross, and [[b]joining Me as a disciple and siding with My party] follow [c]with Me [continually, cleaving steadfastly to Me].

    35For whoever wants to save his [[d]higher, spiritual, eternal] life, will lose it [the [e]lower, natural, temporal life [f]which is lived only on earth]; and whoever gives up his life [which is lived only on earth] for My sake and the Gospel's will save it [his [g]higher, spiritual life [h]in the eternal kingdom of God].

    36For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his life [[i]in the eternal kingdom of God]?

    37For what can a man give as an exchange ([j]a compensation, a ransom, in return) for his [blessed] life [[k]in the eternal kingdom of God]?

    38For whoever [l]is ashamed [here and now] of Me and My words in this adulterous (unfaithful) and [preeminently] sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when He comes in the glory (splendor and majesty) of His Father with the holy angels.


- Otieno

www.ThankYouGodBless.com

#ThankYouGodBless

@TyGbOnline


No comments:

ADVENTURES WITH ACE BLACK

Born in Kenya | Raised in Seattle Wa. | Transformed in Phoenix Az. | With Plans of Going Back to Make a Difference in the World before Time Runs out... These blog postings are breadcrumbs that leave a path traveled and pieces of a Big Picture.