Thursday, August 12, 2010

Todays #BigEvent - Ace Black The Umpire





I must say, I had fun today.. Beyond the constant running around that i've grown accustomed to enjoying as normalcy; When I got on that Baseball Field tonight, I felt at Peace.

I got to watch 12 year old boys play Baseball. This Season, I'll be doing a lot of that. I finally Became an Umpire in the South Mountain Little League Baseball league.

Tonight was my 1st time stepping foot on a Baseball Field since my Freshmen year in college at the University of Washington 1999 Purple & Gold Game. I Never knew it would be my Last, I had hit a double and a Triple that game. Coach Ken Knutson Gave me the Bad News of Being Cut from the 2 Time Pac 10 Champion Huskies.. I had so many fond memories up until that moment..

The Game was fun.. The Kid's playing gave me a great dose of medicine without noticing.. I was able to finally let go of the What If's and Wondering how far I would have gone had I not taken that Small Setback and Kept on Persevering. They Gave me a chance to Just sit back and Enjoy watching them Live their Lives playing a sport that brings them Joy.. Tonight, It was THERE turn.. I was able to LET GO and Let the Cycle of LIFE play out it's role.. I was able to Embrace TODAY for what it was and make the Most of this Period in my Life so I can have Fond Memories when I one day get a chance to look at THIS period in time through someone else going through it Days before their 30th B'day..

I Guess i'm embracing LIFE and starting to Just sit back and Enjoy Each Stage for what it holds.. I really Can't wait for the Stage when i'm watching my Future Unborn Sons Play.. But Until then, I gotta practice the Lesson I learned today..

I WILL ENJOY THIS PERIOD OF MY LIFE AND LIVE IT TO THE FULLEST WITHOUT LETTING MYSELF DOWN IN THE FUTURE.. YOU SHOULD TRY IT..

- Ace Black
Follow Me on Twitter: @AceBlack - BBM Pin: 21595578

No comments:

ADVENTURES WITH ACE BLACK

Born in Kenya | Raised in Seattle Wa. | Transformed in Phoenix Az. | With Plans of Going Back to Make a Difference in the World before Time Runs out... These blog postings are breadcrumbs that leave a path traveled and pieces of a Big Picture.